Saturday, March 10, 2012

Blowing kisses

Dear Gracie,

You are now 13 months old, growing so big, and still your sweet tender hearted self. You still breastfeed several times a day, I'm pretty sure you won't be giving it up any time soon which is totally fine with me. I love our snuggle time:). Something new you've learned is how to make kissy noises to get kisses from your daddy and me. Can I just say that it is pretty much the sweetest thing in the entire world?! It seriously melts my heart every single time.

It really started about a month ago when we were playing on the bed. You stopped to nurse for a little bit, you were just sitting there nursing and looking up at me with your big blue eyes when you popped off, stood up and planted a big sloppy baby kiss right on my lips, sat back down, and continued nursing. It was the first time you ever kissed me without me asking for one. It really did bring a tear to my eye.

As a mom, which hopefully one day you'll find out, you first look down at this precious teeny tiny baby that your body has taken care of for nine months, and you love them with all of your heart. From that point on your life changes and pretty much everything you do revolves around that little person. You do everything for them and you'd do anything for them. After months of loving them unconditionally, countless sleepless nights of taking care of them when they won't sleep, cleaning up their spit up, changing thousands of diapers, worrying over them, reading the same book a hundred times to them, rocking them, singing to them, playing with them, and all (most of the time) with a smile on your face, to get an unprompted act of affection and love from them is absolutely mind blowing and heart melting. It is one of the best if not THE best feelings in the whole world, and that's what you gave me. Thank you so much my sweet girl!

Since then you have been the kissiest little thing ever and it is SO cute! You constantly blow kisses to me and your daddy and even to Noah. But my favorite thing is that when nursing you, you'll pull away from my breast and look up at me to blow me kisses, and you don't stop until I bend down and kiss you back, and that's when you get the biggest sweetest smile on your face! This usually happens every couple of minutes every time you nurse, it really is one of the best parts of my day.

Thank you for being my sweet kissy little girl Gracie, I can't wait for you to experience this for yourself!


This is the sweet little face I get to look and and cuddle with every day. ::kiss kiss::

No comments:

Post a Comment