Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fun at the mall playground.

Dear Gracie,

We had been cooped up in the house recently, so today your daddy and I decided to take you and Noah to the mall playground so that Noah could run around, let some energy out, and play with kids his age. It's chilly outside so we figured indoors would be the best place to go. There were lots of kids running around and climbing all over the squishy play equipment, Noah was a little timid about joining in at first, but soon worked up enough courage to join the other kids. I held you in my lap while we watched Noah play, you were looking with such eagerness at the colorful play equipment and the kids running around, so I put you down and you immediately crawled over to a slide in the shape of a boat and tried to climb up the wrong way! You had socks on you feet so you couldn't get a good grip at first, but as soon as I took your socks off, you made it half way up the small slide before sliding back down. Your favorite thing was a short green tunnel, you thought it was super fun and exciting to crawl inside, back and forth peeking out at me and Noah. Another little boy, about two years old I'd say, wanted to play in the tunnel too, and since you were in his way, he started growling at you hoping you'd move! He growled and growled and growled, you pretty much ignored him until he got in your face and growled really loud which made you cry, it was so hilarious though I couldn't be upset at him! After you calmed down a little, I set you back down and you crawled over to a squishy "wooden" post, used it to pull yourself up and held on with one hand while trying to walk away, Your dad and I thought you were going to take your first steps by yourself right there in the mall! But you quickly realized that taking a step would mean letting go, and that was no bueno to you, so you plopped back down on your bottom. Your attention was soon caught by a nice lady sitting a few yards away, she waved at you, and you reached up at her and waved at her with both hands! It was SOOO cute, everyone around was laughing and your daddy and I were beaming with pride at how adorable and friendly you are.









After about an hour, I could tell you were getting hungry, so we made our way up to the food court to get some lunch, Daddy, Noah and I ate pizza and you had some meatballs with marinara which you thought was very yummy. You munched on pieces of meatball, Noah hate his pizza "like a lion", both of you danced in your chairs to LMFAO Rock Anthem which was playing rather loudly, and Daddy and I had the best time watching you two.

You and Noah are napping right now while I have some Mommy alone time. I hope you had as much fun playing today as I did watching you! I love you my sweet girl!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment